Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30-35 min
•2 and ½ cups flour
•2 and ½ cups quick cooking oats
•1 ½ and ½ cups packed brown sugar
•1 teaspoon baking soda
•1 ¼ cups butter, half melted
•2 cups apples – peeled, cored, sliced
•1 ½ cups chopped walnuts or almonds
•1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
•3-4 tablespoons water
•½ cup sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a large bowl, combine flour (2 cups), oats (2 cups), brown sugar (1 ½ cups) and baking soda. Stir in the semimelted butter. Press ¾ of the mixture on the bottom of the baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Spread the apples and the nuts on the crust.
4. Add the extra ½ cups of flour, oats and brown sugar to the rest of the crust mixture. Sprinkle above the apples.
5. In a pan, bring to a light boil the brown sugar and the water for the caramel. Once the sugar has melted, add the sweetened condensed milk and keep stirring. Remove from heat and immediatly pour over the apples.
6. Cook for another 20-25 minutes.