Spooktacular Safety Tips
by Marie Fester
1. Stick with your friends; when you leave whatever you’re doing make sure everyone has a way to get home safely (no one should walk home alone in the dark or drive drunk).
2. If you’re carving a pumpkin, make sure that there aren’t any pumpkin insides hanging around the candle so the pumpkin doesn’t catch fire. Or just use an electric fake candle.
3. If you’re out driving, look out for little kids, teenagers and young adults; they all may act irrationally at times because they have had too much sugar, are overtired or drunk.
4. Don’t leave your drinks unattended. Unfortunately, we live in a society where people do put date rape in drinks. Nail polish like “undercover colours” can test for drugs (which unfortunately isn’t for sale yet).
5. Carry pepper spray or bear spray or something similar just in case you get assaulted.
6. Practice safe sex. Safe sex is good sex; always use a latex. Or a Snickers wrapper. You’re not you when you’re hungry. Or horny.
7. Wear a costume that you’re comfortable in.
8. If for some reason you’re going trick-or-treating only go to houses that are well lit.
9. Don’t eat sketchy candy (if it look like someone else opened it or that it is homemade).
And don’t forget to HAVE FUN!