For those of you who were so caught up with school that you couldn’t allow yourself to watch TV, here are a few suggestions. Now, the suggestions listed below are meant to appeal to a specific crowd of people, so if you are not interested in the overlydramatized drawn shows that I am about to suggest, pretend that this part of the page doesn’t exist. However, if you do happen to enjoy these types of shows or are interested in knowing the world of people who have a strong consensus on never wacthing Boku no Pico, then stick around. The animes suggested are both some of the ones I’ve enjoyed and some that are coming out in the summer and are highly anticipated.
1) Bleach: With a whole summer, you can definitely watch what I did in less than a month. This anime is action-oriented and quite repetitive, but there are always a few twists that you won’t expect. It’s also 366 episodes, so it will definitely keep you busy, but not as much as if you were trying to watch Naruto, or even worse, One Piece (that one does not end). I would also recommend Fairy Tail (no, not Fairytale Max) but this one has the same plot line repeated over and over with minor changes, so this might not please all of you.
2) B: The Beginning: This show is essentially about a bunch of murders and murderers who kill those murderers and the cops that constantly run after them in circles. However, this is quite entertaining and the characters pull out fake scientific explanations which are hilarious: something I noticed after watching it with a non-anime friend.
3) K Project: Awesome! All I can say is that this show was honestly awesome! It also has more than one season, so enjoy them while you can.
4) Boku no Hero Academia: Yup.
5) Shingeki no Kyojin (Season 3)
6) Gintama: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen 2
If that’s not enough, or if you don’t trust my opinion, then here are a few suggestions from an executive of the anime club, Andrew Wood.
1) Cowboy Bebop
2) Read Berserk (don’t watch)
Originally Published in Bandersnatch Vol. 47 Issue 13 on April 25, 2018