There is two weeks of classes left, and finals are fast approaching. If the pile of group work and essays isn’t scary enough, then this should be. So what do you do? Most of us want to ignore these issues and wait, but we’ve already been doing this for the past 13 weeks. It’s time to get back to work, and here are some ways to get by as your stress and anxiety quickly increase.
1. Find a background: I don’t know about you, but I always need some noise to do my work; otherwise, I won’t be focused. This noise can be provided by either music, a TV show or a movie that might distract you but will help you keep working overall.
2. Get some sleep: As hard as it sounds, it we all need sleep. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking: ‘’With what time’’? Even I just had 4 hours of sleep, and I know people who’ve had worse. But we need to rest, and our brain won’t accept any less than 7-8 hours, but you might be able to push for 5-6 instead.
3. Get food: Literally the best thing you can do is fuel your brain. Whether that’s with an apple or a KitKat bar is up to you, but never try to study or panic on an empty stomach.
5. See you friends and fam: Don’t be a worry wart on your own. Isolation is never the solution. Go see the people you care about. Vent, rant,
and then relax.
6. Start studying: Relaxing can only help you ignore your stress, but it will only grow unless you tackle the problem.
7. Take a break: Always relax. Take a break every once in a while. Just watch out and make sure your breaks don’t become endless.
9. Hang in there: Do your favorite things and get your soul back. You can do it!
10. Do your finals and have a great break!