Hey guys!!! With exams coming up, I thought I’d give all of you 8 surefire tips on how to get ready for your exams like a pro! This should be especially useful for you fellow procrastinators out there, so here it goes!
- Try and start studying 2 weeks before your exams.
- Of course you won’t do that, so rest up for all the all nighters you’re going to pull at the last second!
- When you’re at your limit with stress, now’s probably a good time to get going and catch up with all those books!
- Treat yourself with rewards! Go out and buy yourself some sweets (or chips if you prefer salt). For every question you get right, or page you cover, give yourself a reward. This should keep you motivated. If that isn’t your style, then just use the treats as a way to stay up late and focus.
- Take breaks. It’s not easy to study for a long period of time, and though most of us already lack the motivation to keep going, when it comes to procrastinating, we try to study everything at the last second. However, you won’t be able to remember as much if you just try to jam everything in your mind like it’s a jar. So be sure to take a few minutes out of studying every once in awhile to do something you like.
- If you pull an all nighter, take small naps. Though you might think you can go without sleep, let’s face it. You can’t. And the last thing you want is to write an exam and blank out on everything.
- Make a playlist of music you can study with, but that also motivates you and keep you awake!
- Cover as much material as possible and hope for the best!!! If things don’t go as well as you had hoped, don’t worry about it, it’s only 50% of your mark, no biggie! You can always repeat the class!