Tips and Tricks: All You Need to Know
Maria Jose Salcedo, Anagabriel Trevino
Campus Life Editor, Staff Writer
For some people it is one more step to the long ladder in their career path. For others it is the most important decision they will ever make. To others it is a risk that they are not willing to take. Fortunately for you my dear reader, here are some tips on how to make this decision.
1. Establish criteria. Make a list of the programs you are interested in. Ask yourself what is it that you are really looking for from this experience.
2. Know your options! You want to find a university that offers the program you want and that is well equiped with interesting classes and materials.
3. Attend open house. Once you decide on your top universities, make sure to find out the dates of their open houses. This is a great chance for you to see the facilities and most importantly to ask questions.
4. Important dates calendar. If you are thinking to apply to more than one university, it is advantageous to have a calendar with the deadlines of the application and interviews (if applicable).
5. Be informed. Each program has different criteria that students must complete prior to their acceptance. It is good to research your program or programs to check if you have all the courses that you need or the portfolio required.
6. Know what you want. It may seem obvious but a lot of people dont know what career they want to pursue. If you are amongst these people, you should seek out academic advising. Refer to the great academic advising center at John Abbott College.